Tunic - Celtic Tunic / Viking Tunic / Tribal Tunic
Cool comfort for sultry days, this tunic can be worn tucked in, or out and belted as was traditional to the Celts. Great for Viking's too!! The shirt style’s history traces as far back as 300BC. Your choice of either long sleeves or short sleeves. The short sleeves offer cool comfort for sultry days, the long sleeves are more historically accurate. Get one of each sleeve length and layer them for a cool fighter look.
Basic Version: Very versatile and comfortable, basically a historic "T-shirt".
Celtic Version: The knotwork is continuous around the neck, lending an exotic finish to a basic garment. This garment is hand-screened with a permanent fabric ink dye to produce the knotwork. Ink colors are available only in White, Green, or Black. Please chose highly contrasting colors like green ink on white fabric or black ink on green fabric.
Tribal Version: Features tribal tattoo embroidery on the sleeve hems. Your choice of colors available.
Fabrics: This shirt comes standard in cotton fabric. We also offer a Cotton/Linen blend for a more historical look at an added cost, perfect for Celt or Viking or any historical figure. IF you choose the Cotton/Linen blend fabric option, you will be contacted to confirm color options - we do NOT stock all colors all the time - the fabric manufacturer rotates the available colors regularly. You can see possible color options at the bottom of our Color Chart page: http://threadsoftime.com/p/size-and-color-charts.
Please put your color choice in the Special Instructions section.
- The neckline has a short '"v" front split with ties for closure. Ties will be in a black cotton cording.
- Made of 100% cotton materials (or cotton/linen blend, if chosen) and is machine washable.
- All shirts are standard 35" in length.
- Would you like free color samples of the fabric mailed to you? We'd be happy to send you some, just email us your address!
- Need Custom Sizing? Just let us know! Most times there is no extra charge for minor adjustments To ensure a proper fit, please give us your measurements. Measuring chart and form can be provided via email.
Our garments are not massed produced. Each one is handmade to your specifications here in the USA and our quality takes time. This means it will take 4 to 6 weeks to get your order to you. July through November orders may run over 10 weeks due to our show schedule. Occasionally we can manage rush orders or may have items in stock, please contact us before ordering. Thank you for taking this into consideration when placing your order.