This is an essential, historical garment worn by just about every woman regardless of her station or class level. Our version has a small ruffle along the neckline and cuffs. This chemise can be worn on or off the shoulder. Our chemise is made out of lightweight cotton fabric for comfort, coolness, and washability.
EMBROIDERY: There are multiple options for lovely Celtic knotwork or Thistle Blackwork embroidery. Featured on one of the chemises is our Blackwork Thistle embroidery pattern down the length of the arms. It adds a great touch to this basic garment. Historically Blackwork embroidery was traditionally black, but we thought we'd offer other embroidery colors for variety. Also available are two Celtic Knotwork patterns, as noted in pictures as Pattern A or Pattern B. Any of the patterns can be done on just the cuffs or down the length of the sleeve on each side of the lace slash. Pricing will vary.
- Made of 100% cotton material and is machine washable. (Lace will be a polyester or rayon blend fabric. Lace patterns will vary.)
- PLEASE NOTE: WE ONLY KEEP IN STOCK WHITE, OFF-WHITE, and BLACK. Other fabric colors will run the standard order time as noted below.
- Elastic wrist and neckline are standard, but drawstrings are available as an alternative. Our quality level is indicated by the fact that we encase our elastic with fabric - we do NOT stitch the exposed elastic directly onto the fabric.
- The full-length version is a perfect compliment for under our Froca or for added layers under skirts. Historically, full-length chemises also doubled as nightgowns. The full-length version is approximately 54" long.
- Would you like free color samples of the fabrics? We’d be happy to send you some, just email us your address.
- Need Custom Sizing? Just let us know. Most times there is no extra charge for minor adjustments.
- Our garments are not massed produced. Each one is hand-made to your specifications here in the USA and our quality takes time. This means it will take 4 to 6 weeks to get your order to you. July through November orders may run over 10 weeks due to our show schedule. Occasionally we can manage rush orders or MAY have items in stock, please contact us before ordering. Thank you for taking this into consideration when placing your order.