A Chemise is an essential, historical garment worn by just about every woman regardless of her station or class level. Perfect for under a bodice, wench belt, worn alone or with other garments. Our version has a small ruffle along the neckline and cuffs. This chemise can be worn on or off the shoulder.
LACE SLEEVE CHEMISE: A fancier chemise to be worn under your Bodice. Our chemise is made out of lightweight cotton fabric for the body with a long-sleeve made of lace. Lace was always a sign of wealth. This top is perfect for hot events. Whenever possible we choose the softest lace available, but our choices may not be soft enough for some. Feel free to request a small sample of the lace, if desired. Lace patterns will vary.
LACE EDGE CHEMISE: It features a small delicate lace on the ruffle at the neck and sleeve edge. A nice feminine touch for an otherwise basic garment. Lace patterns will vary.
EMBROIDERED CHEMISE: There are 3 styles of embroidery for this option. Running Celtic knotwork in two patterns, and Thistle Blackwork. Pricing will vary depending on where you want it - just on the cuff, or down the full length of the sleeve. Your choice of colors on the embroidery.
- Made of 100% cotton material and is machine washable.
- PLEASE NOTE: WE ONLY KEEP IN STOCK WHITE, OFF-WHITE, and BLACK. Other fabric colors will run the standard order time as noted below.
- Elastic wrist and neckline are standard, but drawstrings are available as an alternative. Our quality level is indicated by the fact that we encase our elastic with fabric - we do NOT stitch the exposed elastic directly onto the fabric.
- The full-length version is a perfect compliment for under our Froca or for added layers under skirts. Historically, full-length chemises also doubled as nightgowns. The full-length version is approximately 54" long.
- Our Size Chart and Fabric Color Charts are here if you need them. Remember, we can always do Custom sizing!!
- Would you like free color samples of the fabrics? We’d be happy to send you some, just email us your address.
- Need Custom Sizing? Just let us know. Most times there is no extra charge for minor adjustments.
- Our garments are not massed produced. Each one is handmade to your specifications here in the USA and our quality takes time. This means it will take 4 to 6 weeks to get your order to you. July through November orders may run over 10 weeks due to our show schedule. Occasionally we can manage rush orders or MAY have items in stock, please contact us before ordering. Thank you for taking this into consideration when placing your order.
***Color Disclaimer: Please note that due to screen variations, the color you see may not match the garment exactly. We strive to make our website colors as accurate as possible. However, website colors are approximations of the actual colors and dye lots may vary slightly.