Our Cowl features a Skull and Crossbones Knotwork embroidery pattern on the chest. This embroidery design is exclusive to Threads of Time, thanks to copywrited, original artwork by Eric Deans.
A Cowl is a must for every outdoor event. Great for those slightly rainy, but too warm for your cloak days. This basic garment is not so basic when it is made by us. We strive for quality and extreme durability in our cowls. Our hood is articulated so it sits forward on the top of the head, but curves on the sides for better visibility. The hood also has a historically accurate tail at the back. On the body, the shoulder seams are Felled seamed (like the inside seam on a pair of Levis jeans) for durability. Felled seams also lay flat against the shoulder, and then there are no unsightly, exposed serged seams that may catch on things you are wearing.
- This Cowl is made of heavy cotton twill and is machine washable.
- Your choice of clasp closure, or lacing at neck. Lacing would be in black eyelets with black cording.
- Available in black or gray only. Other colors available by Special Order.
- One size fits many.
- Our Size Chart and Fabric Color Charts are here if you need them. Remember, we can always do Custom sizing!!
- Our garments are not massed produced. Each one is hand-made to your specifications here in the USA and our quality takes time. This means it will take 4 to 6 weeks to get your order to you. July through November orders may run over 8 weeks due to our show schedule. Occasionally we can manage rush orders or may have items in stock, please contact us before ordering. Thank you for taking this into consideration when placing your order.
***Color Disclaimer: Please note that due to screen variations, the color you see may not match the garment exactly. We strive to make our website colors as accurate as possible. However, website colors are approximations of the actual colors and dye lots may vary slightly.