Suitably stylish for court or combat. Sturdy construction for those daily and nightly battles. A comfortable, wash and wear garment. This doublet features Celtic knotwork embroidered on the tabs (peplums) and collar. A special feature is our Celtic knotwork buttons. Perfect for Elizabethan middle to upper class, (Upper class would use richer fabrics and more trim -which we can do by Special Order. Special Orders - MAY- result in additional charges). This garment has been worn for Colonial times as well, under a long coat, but unembroidered. Also a great choice for weddings or other special events. Lighter colors for weddings available by Special Order.
The Sleeves are NOT standard with this garment. They are available for additional charges. Sleeves tie in under the epaulets. Shown here are the Basic Sleeves.
- Made in a durable 100% cotton twill and is machine washable.
- Silver Knotwork metal shank buttons are standard. Off White, Bronze, or Gold embroidery choices will get gold tone Celtic Knotwork metal buttons, unless otherwise requested.
- Side lacing is an option for greater size adjustment. The side lacing has a panel underneath so your shirt color won't show through!!
- Available in velveteen, or other specialty fabrics by Special Order. Please inquire about pricing and color availability.
- Shown here with our Celtic Doublet pants, Celtic Nobleman's Shirt, and Leather Boots. Available without embroidery as our Doublet.
- Would you like free color samples of the fabrics? We’d be happy to send you some, just email us your address.
- Need Custom Sizing? Just let us know. Most times there is no extra charge for minor adjustments. Custom sizing is advisable for this item. To ensure a proper fit, please give us your measurements. Click here for our measurement form.
- Our garments are not massed produced. Each one is handmade to your specifications here in the USA and our quality takes time. This means it will take 4 to 6 weeks to get your order to you. July through November orders may run over 10+ weeks due to our show schedule. Occasionally we can manage rush orders or may have items in stock, please contact us before ordering. Thank you for taking this into consideration when placing your order.