"Even without any special adornment this doublet is beautiful and says "Nobility". Lewissa worked with me on sizing and sleeve choices and went the extra mile to make sure I had all I needed for an upcoming event. The five stars are for her customer service as much as her product - I recommend her highly and I will be back!" - Craig H. Paradise, CA
Sturdy construction for those daily and nightly battles. Suitably stylish for court or combat. A comfortable, wash and wear garment. Perfect for Elizabethan middle to upper class, (Upper class would use richer fabrics and more trim - which we can do by Special Order. Special Orders - MAY- result in additional charges). This garment has been worn for Colonial times as well, under a long coat. Also a great choice for weddings or other special events. Lighter colors for weddings available by Special Order.
The Sleeves are NOT standard with this garment. They are available for additional charges. Sleeves tie in under the epaulets. Shown here are the Basic Sleeves.
- If Trim options are chosen. A narrow metallic looped trim would be put around the edges of the peplums (the tabs at the waist), shoulder epaulets, and collar. Somewhat visible on the green Doublet inset picture.
- Made in a durable 100% cotton twill and is machine washable.
- A button and loop closure is shown here, but we have since restyled them with actual buttonholes rather than the loops. We use historically accurate shank buttons.
- Side lacing is an option for greater size adjustment. The side lacing has a panel underneath so your shirt color won't show through!!
- Available in velveteen, or other specialty fabrics by Special Order. Please inquire about pricing and color availability. Can be made in a fabric you provide.
- Would you like free color samples of the fabrics? We’d be happy to send you some, just email us your address.
- Need Custom Sizing? Just let us know. Most times there is no extra charge for minor adjustments. Custom sizing is advisable for this item. To ensure a proper fit, please give us your measurements. Click here for our measurement form.
- Available with embroidery as our Connor Doublet.
- Our garments are not massed produced. Each one is handmade to your specifications here in the USA and our quality takes time. This means it will take 4 to 6 weeks to get your order to you. July through November orders may run over 10+ weeks due to our show schedule. Occasionally we can manage rush orders or may have items in stock, please contact us before ordering. Thank you for taking this into consideration when placing your order.