"I ordered a custom version of this item for a warrior character at a LARP. The item came exactly as ordered with wonderful attention to detail and fantastic topstitching. It will last the character for a very long time. I am extremely pleased!" - Natalie C. Eaton Rapids, MI
Our Lady's Long Vest is extremely versatile, and encompasses many time periods, but is not historically accurate. It is tailored in at the waist, flared at the hem, with the same neckline as a bodice, but without the squish of a bodice. There is NO boning in this garment, so it will not support the girls on its own as a Bodice would, undergarments will be needed. This garment has a loose, more relaxed fit style, great for Lady LARPers. Can be worn with either skirts or pants and a top, or a full-length chemise. Wear it for fighting or court, it all depends on how you accessorize it. The addition of a Hood or Collar lends itself to more of a Fantasy aspect and has no Historical precedent.
Our Long Vest comes standard with side lacing, as well as front lacing. A hem back split can be added, if desired (a split that only goes to the waist - also called a riding split). This garment is made of heavy, machine washable cotton twill as is standard with our bodice styles. All seams are reinforced to withstand the rigors of fighting. And it is fully reversible, effectively two vests in one!!
Your fabric color choice is the 'outside' of the garment. The "liner" side comes standard in black. Other color options for the "liner" side may be requested in the Special Instructions section.
- Made of 100% heavy cotton twill and is machine washable.
- Chainmaille necklace and belt provided by MardigansMaile.com.
- Custom Sizing is available.
- Celtic knotwork embroidered version available as well.
- Would you like free color samples of the fabrics? We’d be happy to send you some, just email us your address.
- Our garments are not massed produced. Each one is handmade to your specifications here in the USA and our quality takes time. This means it will take 4 to 6 weeks to get your order to you. July through November orders may run over 10 weeks due to our show schedule. Occasionally we can manage rush orders or MAY have items in stock, please contact us before ordering. Thank you for taking this into consideration when placing your order.