Included in the price is the embroidered Bellacane (overdress), and the embroidered Kirtle (underdress). The tailored, over-vest styled Bellacane dress is easy to wear, very comfortable, and very flattering. It has lacing at the lower back for some adjustability and a lace-up closure front. The Celtic Bellacane comes in a cotton twill fabric with embroidery on the front corners near the hem. The Kirtle comes in a shirt-weight cotton fabric with embroidery at the neckline and cuff. Embroidery on the Celtic Bellacane will be made to match the color choice of Kirtle and vise versa for the Kirtle, as shown.
The ways the Bellacane dress can be worn are endless. It can be worn with a full-length Wench Chemise or a Kirtle as shown here, which are our recommendations. Or it can also be worn over a corset and skirt if you want to keep your cleavage visible. Or LARPers can wear it with a chemise and tights - or on hot days a tank top and tights. Just about any way you'd like!!! Lighter or custom colors for Brides and Bridal parties are also available by Special Order.
- Made of 100% cotton twill and is machine washable.
- Shown here with optional side slits. To add, please choose the option above.
- If adding Pockets as an Option - There will be a Visible stitch line on the side panel in order to secure the pocket. The pocket shape will be our standard deep style pocket. Large enough to hold a water bottle.
- For a very high-class outfit, please check out our Noble Bellacane.
- Also great for pregnant ladies, because it should still fit after the pregnancy!!!
- Need Custom Sizing? Just let us know. Most times there is no extra charge for minor adjustments. Custom sizing is advisable for this item. To ensure a proper fit, please give us your measurements. Click here for our measurement form.
- Chainmaille necklace provided by MardigansMaile.com.
- Would you like free color samples of the fabrics? We’d be happy to send you some, just email us your address.
- Our Size Chart and Fabric Color Charts are here if you need them. Remember, we can always do Custom sizing!!
- Sleeve options ( either sewn in or tie on - angel sleeves, fitted sleeves, cuffed sleeves, etc) are available as well, contact us for more details.
- Our garments are not massed produced. Each one is handmade to your specifications here in the USA and our quality takes time. This means it will take 4 to 6 weeks to get your order to you. July through November orders may run over 8 weeks due to our show schedule. Occasionally we can manage rush orders or MAY have the item in stock, please contact us before ordering. Thank you for taking this into consideration when placing your order.
***Color Disclaimer: Please note that due to screen variations, the color you see may not match the garment exactly. We strive to make our website colors as accurate as possible. However, website colors are approximations of the actual colors and dye lots may vary slightly.