One of my favorite bodices we make! I love wearing mine, and I'm always comfortable!
Our Bodices are a period-inspired garment that provides lift and support, without the confining full boning of a corset. They help to create that much sought-after hourglass figure and are a staple item to add to any wardrobe. This Bodice is fully REVERSIBLE, effectively two bodices in one!! (Exception! If you order sleeves for your Merchant Bodice, then it can no longer be reversible due to how the sleeves are attached.) Your fabric color choice is the embroidered 'outside' of the garment. The non-embroidered "liner" side comes standard in black. A different color for the “liner" may be requested in the Special Instructions section. As with all our Bodices, it is made of heavy, washable cotton twill. There is boning next to the lacing to avoid unseemly bunching. Our seams won't split and our grommets won't give out. All seams are reinforced to withstand the rigors of Faire / LARP life.
Merchant Bodice: This bodice has shield-shaped 'petals' at the waist, called peplums. It also has epaulets at the shoulders. The epaulets also help keeps your shoulders from getting sunburned!
Celtic Merchant Bodice: Gorgeously embroidered with traditional Celtic knotwork on the peplums (waist) and epaulets (shoulders).
Petal Bodice: This bodice does not have the shoulder epaulets, it would have just the peplums (shield-shaped petals at the waist).
Celtic Petal Bodice: Like the plain Petal Bodice, it would have just the peplums at the waist, but two peplums on each side would have embroidered Celtic knotwork on them.
- Made in a 100% heavy cotton twill and is machine washable.
- Removable Sleeves are available. Pictures below. Sleeves would tie in under the epaulets for the Merchant Bodice. Petal Bodice would have a line of grommets at the shoulder for lacing. Sleeve options for the Merchant Bodice render it NON Reversible.
- To ensure a properly fitted garment, please give us your measurements. Click here for our measurement form. Or give us your bust circumference or bra size, and waist measurement in the Special Instructions. Custom Sizing is available.
- For a fancier, more Nobility look, velveteen is available by Special Order. Special Orders may result in additional costs. Can also be made in a fabric you provide. Please contact us for more details.
- Lacing comes standard in the front. More lacing options are available in addition to the front lacing.
- Would you like free color samples of the fabrics? We’d be happy to send you some, just email us your address.
- Our garments are not massed produced. Each one is handmade to your specifications here in the USA and our quality takes time. This means it will take 4 to 6 weeks to get your order to you. July through November orders may run over 10 weeks due to our show schedule. Occasionally we can manage rush orders or MAY have the item in stock, please contact us before ordering. Thank you for taking this into consideration when placing your order.
Need help lacing yourself into your bodice? Here are some tips to help!!