The influence for this bodice is the Scottish Men's military coat, but instead of ribbon and buttons on the peplums, we have done a very fine embroidery work in Celtic knotwork. The shoulder epaulets also help keep shoulders from getting sunburned! A comfortable piece that also looks fantastic with a kilt. It can be made to wear either one of two ways: Bodice Style or Vest Style.
Bodice Style: A Bodice style would have boning and lacing as shown in the photos. They help to create that much sought-after hourglass figure. Our seams won't split and our grommets won't give out. All seams are reinforced to withstand the rigors of Festival life.
Vest Style: A little looser fit, with clasp closure. If clasps are chosen for a vest fit, there will be no boning in the front. Claspcome standard in a gunmetal color. Gold or Silver clasps may be requested instead in the Special Instructions section.
Both Styles can be made with or without the piping option. The model is wearing one without piping. The close-up picture shows the piping. Piping is an additional cost. Piping will match the color chosen for the diamonds.
The fabric comes standard in black. A different color may be requested in the Special Instructions section. As with all our Bodices/Vests, it is made of heavy, washable cotton twill.
- Made in 100% heavy cotton twill and is machine washable.
- You can choose the embroidery color for the diamond embroidery. The embroidered rectangles come standard in light gray/silver.
- For a fancier, high dress look, velveteen is available by Special Order. Please contact us for more details.
- To ensure a properly fitted garment, please give us your measurements. Click here for our measurement form. Or give us your bust circumference or bra size, and waist measurement in the Special Instructions. Custom Sizing is available.
- Our garments are not massed produced. Each one is handmade to your specifications here in the USA and our quality takes time. This means it will take 4 to 6 weeks to get your order to you. July through November orders may run over 10+ weeks due to our show schedule. Occasionally we can manage rush orders or MAY have items in stock, please contact us before ordering. Thank you for taking this into consideration when placing your order.